BE PART OF A WINNING TEAM – JOIN ICONIC SOLUTIONS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Post: Education Counsellor
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
Language Proficiency: Fluent in English
Email: [email protected]
Contact #: 00971 4 2548018
Address: Office 4003, Floor 40, Aspin Commercial Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
About Iconic Solutions
Iconic Solutions provides services in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australian, US, UK, Canadian, and European institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are on a mission to build the world’s leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As an approved British Council partner, we deliver coaching services for an English test that is trusted by more governments, universities, and organizations than any other.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our staff members based around the world understand that our services change lives not only of our customers but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
- The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in education institutions in UAE By promoting ICONIC SOLUTIONS products and services directly to students.
- The Education Counsellor is responsible for supporting the achievement of office / country sales performance targets. The counsellor will also provide support and referral for students with issues other than placement, ultimately ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Counsel prospective students to identify appropriate study options including suitable courses and institutions.
- Schedule and conduct phone discussions and office meetings to accurately convey course / program information whilst ensuring that each students’ needs are being met. This includes advising students with respect to admissions requirements, processes and qualification options.
- Assist students in determining an appropriate shortlist of applications to submit, thereby ensuring effective use of counselling time.
- Support the student through the admissions, visa and pre departure processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with students and their families to ensure that ICONIC SOLUTIONS is regarded as a highly professional and trusted service provider.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and their families, clients and colleagues.
- Deliver consistently outstanding service to ensure a high number of students are converted to the next stage of the student pipeline, ultimately submitting applications to education institutions and accepting the resulting offers.
- Identify opportunities to generate leads and effectively leverage these opportunities. e.g. determine the prospective schools, universities, companies and scholarship bodies from where new leads can be derived and established effective relationships with them.
- CRM system is used to support the end to end counselling process including the capture and follow up of all leads and opportunities to close sales.
- Identify new business opportunities in consultation with the BUM
- Maintain regular contact and activities with key accounts (schools, scholarship bodies)
- Act with the highest level of accountability with students, clients and colleagues.
- Respond to face to face enquirers and enquirers visa phone and email in a timely manner, with accurate and relevant information.
- Process and submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrollments in a timely manner.
- Build effective relationships with education institution staff to support timely application processing.
- Assist students with on-arrival issues or and refer to appropriate agencies where necessary
- Build strong relationships with network counselors to enable ongoing support of students onshore.
- Attend client briefings, workshops and visits to institutions to support the development of knowledge of institutions and establish relationships with key contacts.
- Work with Business Unit / Operations Managers and institution representatives to developing strategies to effectively promote institutions.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in all interactions with client representatives.
- Support Business Unit Manager / Operations Manager / Marketing Teams in the organization of major promotional events such as interview programs, in-house interview sessions and exhibitions, and other activities as required.
- Provide input on marketing or promotional activities to encourage student numbers.
- Promote ICONIC SOLUTIONS through activities such institution visits, seminars, exhibitions, student associations etc.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities and threats within the local market.
- Attend, lead and participate in office level meetings and activities to support sharing of information, knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency and operational effectiveness between ICONIC SOLUTIONS’s student placement and IELTS operations.
- Follow up effectively with students and institutions to ensure enrolment activities are completed effectively.
- Use full range of available communication channels including email, phone and CRM communication features such as SMS and tasks.
- Effectively present relevant information to students, clients and other key stakeholders as required.
- Provide regular updates to line manager to inform them of progress, challenges and / or support that may be required.
What We’re Looking for:-
- Experience of working in a sales driven environment with a strong focus on achieving individual and team based targets.
- Knowledge of education institutions, admission processes, immigration requirements and their international operations.
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues etc.).
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Effective team worker, supporting colleagues and contributing positively to overall team’s success.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyse and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make decisions and act with integrity, in the best interests of ICONIC SOLUTIONS.
- Experience of education counselling.
- Work and / or study experience in a relevant destination country.